The Welding Centre of Excellence is positioned over two levels at 6/306 Albert street Brunswick.
Committed to making an impact in the field, PICAC has invested significantly in the Centre, ensuring the equipment and facilities are of the highest standard.
The ground level comprises of 12 Welding Bays and includes a grinding, cutting and preparation room.
• 12 Oxy/acet stations (FGW)
• 12 Manual Metal Arc Welders (MMAW)
• 6 Gas Metal Arc Welders (GMAW)
• 6 Gas Tungsten Arc Welders (GTAW)
• Lincoln vrtec 360 Virtual Welder
Upstairs houses 10 Welding Bays.
• 10 Welding Bays
• 10 Oxy/acet stations
• 10 Manual Metal Arc Welder
• 10 Gas Tungsten Arc Welders
The new section consists of the following features:
• Orbital Welder
• Lincoln 350 Power Wave welder with, Advance module & dual wire feeder.
This is capable of
– GMAW, standard or Pulse
– STT Welding, Rapid arc and more
– GTAW, MMAW & Flux Cores Arc Welding (FCAW)
• BOC Hot Wire TIG System Semi or Fully automatic using our
• New fully adjustable horizontal to vertical Welding Positioner/Rotator (capable of being setup with standard, GTAW, GMAW with or without Pulse)
At present, PICAC offers the following courses in Welding:
• MMAW from beginners to Certification level
• FGW from beginners to Certification level
• GMAW from beginners to Certification level
• GTAW from beginners to Certification level, including endorsements in stainless steel
There are also additional workshops teaching skills in metal fabrication which are often not extensively covered in a Plumbing Apprenticeship training environment.
Catering to a wide range of students, participants in the PICAC Welding courses range from apprentices looking to improve their skills in Arc & oxy welding prior to sitting their Journeyman’s exams, to tradesman interested in gaining a Welding Qualification or looking to further develop their existing skills.
The primary course offered is the Welder Certification Tickets to AS 1796.This Australian Standard is used throughout industry as a bench mark for welding.
Students that enroll come with a range of existing skills. At PICAC the trainers are dedicated and knowledgeable, drawn to the opportunity to teach at a unique Centre of Excellence. Skilled trainers will work at the students pace, ensuring they gain the expertise required to then continue on with confidence to gain their required welding ticket.
Once fully operational, the new High Tech area and cutting edge facilities will lend itself to specialized training on the latest equipment. PICAC have a commitment to make a strong impact in the welding field in the years to come.