February 9, 2016 @ 7:15 am – 3:30 pm
306 Albert Street
Brunswick VIC 3056
Cat A: $0* Cat B: $260 Cat C: $345
Safe work on roofs
Course / qualification / unit code and title
CPCPCM2035A – Work safely on roofs
Safe work on roofs
One day program designed to provide participants with OHS knowledge and skills to enable them to work safely on roofs using correct fall protection and appropriate anchor points.
Site location for work application may be either domestic or commercial and may be a new work site or an existing structure being renovated, extended, restored or maintained.
8 Hours (One day)
Required skills for this unit are:
Communication skills to:
- access information
- determine requirements
- enable clear and direct communication, using questioning to identify and confirm requirements, share information, listen and understand
- follow instructions
Read and interpret:
- documentation from a variety of sources
- drawings and specifications
- report faults
- use language and concepts appropriate to cultural differences
- use and interpret non-verbal communication, such as hand signals
Written skills to:
- complete workplace documentation
- document scope of work and work practices
- conducting a safety assessment of a roof work site
- identifying and accurately reporting to appropriate personnel any faults in tools, equipment or materials
- numeracy skills to apply measurements and calculations
- organisational skills, including the ability to plan and set out work
- providing necessary safety measures, including the installation of a roof safety system
Technological skills to:
Participants must wear safety footwear.
A person who demonstrates competency in this unit must be able to provide evidence of:
- Locating, interpreting and applying relevant information, standards and specifications for working safely on roofs
- Applying safety requirements throughout the work sequence, including the use of personal protective clothing and equipment
- As a minimum the ability to, given the plans and specifications, for the roof working area of a corner, extending at least 4 metres in either direction and greater than 1.8m high, provide for erection, maintenance and dismantling of the fall and perimeter protection requirements for the site, incorporating handrails and footwalk or harnesses and harness fixing points for safe personal and stores access to the roof, stores and equipment locations; and risk assessment, ensuring:
- Correct identification of risks and safety requirement
- Correct selection and use of appropriate processes, tools and equipment
- Completing all work to specification
- Compliance with regulations, standards and organisational quality procedures and processes
- Communicating and working effectively and safely with others.
Category A: $0*
Training participant is a fully financial PPTEU member. May be registered in training course by self or employer.
Category B: $260
Training participant is a Master Plumbers, AMCA or NFIA Association member.
Category C: $345
Training participant is not a member of PPTEU, Master Plumbers, AMCA or NFIA.
Enrol via CEPUTEC online booking form
CEPUTEC Courses require students to register through the CEPUTEC online booking form. If you have any queries please contact CEPUTEC on 9356 8913 for assistance.
Note: You will need a USI to enroll. If you do not have a USI go to www.usi.gov and create a USI. You will need your drivers licence, medicare card or passport.