Course / qualification / unit code and title
CPCPRF4011B Design and size roof drainage systems
Design and size roof drainage systems
This course provides learners with the skills and knowledge to design, size and document the layout of a variety of commercial and residential roof types including those with eaves gutters, box gutters, sumps and/or rainheads.
It covers preparing for the work, identifying and confirming system requirements, design system layout and work finalisation processes, including documentation.
Regional participants welcome! Online training options available for participants at home. Contact PICAC for further information.
There are no prerequisite units for this unit of competency.
However learners must have completed the Certificate III in Plumbing or equivalent and be registered in roofing.
It is also recommended that learners are able to demonstrate language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to Level 3 and Level 4 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF).
All new entrants to this unit will be required to undergo a pre assessment of their language, literacy and numeracy designed to identify their level of ability against the ACSF.
Course delivery involves:
• 33 hours of trainer led learning and assessment over 11 weeks, one (1) evening per week
• plus approximately 47 hours self directed learning prior to/or during course attendance.
80 hours (10 days)
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to:
• prepare for design work
• identify system requirements for roofing work, catchment areas and design flows
• plan and design the system layout for roof drainage systems
• apply relevant safety, quality assurance and sustainability requirements
• identify and complete all relevant documentation.
Learners successfully completing this course will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment.
This unit is required by the Victorian Building Authority for registered plumbers who wish to seek their licence in Roofing. It is an accredited unit of competency in CPC40912 Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services.
Assessment for this course requires learners to:
• complete a theory assessment
• undertake four (4) practical assessment related to the design, sizing and lay out of roof drainage systems.
The VBA external assessment for the Roofing licence will be held at the completion of the course for those leaners who wish to undertake it.
Category A: $0*
Training participant is a fully financial PPTEU member. May be registered in training course by self or employer.
Category B: $250
Training participant is a Master Plumbers, AMCA or NFIA Association member.
Category C: $500
Training participant is not a member of PPTEU, Master Plumbers, AMCA or NFIA.
Note that this is an expression of interest only and does not guarantee enrolment. Confirmation of course enrolment will be forwarded to you in writing.