Course / qualification / unit code and title
BSB51312 Diploma in Work Health and Safety
Diploma in Work Health and Safety
This qualification is suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the work health and safety (WHS) program in an organisation. It reflects the role of practitioners who apply a substantial knowledge base and well developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
Applicants are expected to be able to show they have completed the minimum core units of the BSB41412 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety OR have extensive vocational experience in work health and safety roles (normally 3 years).
Core units from BSB41412 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety:
• BSBWHS402A Assist with compliance with WHS laws
• BSBWHS403A Contribute to implementing and maintaining
WHS consultation and participation processes
• BSBWHS404A Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk
assessment and risk control
• BSBWHS405A Contribute to implementing and maintaining
WHS management systems
• BSBWHS406A Assist with responding to incidents
or demonstrated equivalent competencies.
The Diploma of Work Health and Safety contains nine units of competency, each unit has specific learning outcomes and is structured for face to face and self-study/task assessment. Training will be multi-facetted incorporating case studies, group work, research, presentations and guest speakers. In addition to the weekly scheduled classes, learners are expected to undertake proscribed self-study and should plan for 8 to 10 hours per week.
A range of assessment methods will be used to assess practical skills and knowledge:
• analysis of responses to case studies and scenarios
• assessment of written reports
• demonstration of techniques used to control WHS
• direct questioning combined with review of assessment evidence
• observation of performance in role plays
• observation of presentations
• evaluation of discussions
• observation of participants in class activities.
Category A: $0*
Training participant is a fully financial PPTEU member. May be registered in training course by self or employer.
Category B: TBA
Training participant is a Master Plumbers, AMCA or NFIA Association member.
Category C: TBA
Training participant is not a member of PPTEU, Master Plumbers, AMCA or NFIA.
CEPUTEC Courses require students to register through the CEPUTEC online booking form. If you have any queries please contact CEPUTEC on 9356 8913 for assistance.
Note: You will need a USI to enroll. If you do not have a USI go to www.usi.gov and create a USI. You will need your drivers licence, medicare card or passport.