Course / qualification / unit code
RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
MSMWHS216 Operate breathing apparatus
Confined space entry
Two day program providing participants with the skills and knowledge required to enter confined spaces using appropriate equipment.
The structure of the course is based on 16 hours comprising classroom training activities and practical activities to assist the learner’s development. These are supplemented by self-study work the learner is encouraged to complete to enhance their understanding.
16 hours (two days)
A Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment.
The candidate must demonstrate knowledge of enter and work in confined spaces through:
• identifying areas that constitute confined spaces
• complying with site and equipment safety requirements
• complying with the entry and exit procedures, risks and regulations
• types of air contaminants and toxic gases
• identifying the limitations of breathing apparatus
• identifying equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations
• complying with site isolation and site control responsibilities and authorities
• locations of safety data sheets (SDS) information and application
• using confined space and Industry terminology
Category A: $0*
Training participant is a fully financial PPTEU member. May be registered in training course by self or employer.
Category B: $300
Training participant is a Master Plumbers, AMCA or NFIA Association member.
Category C: $400
Training participant is not a member of PPTEU, Master Plumbers, AMCA or NFIA.
Note that this is an expression of interest only and does not guarantee enrolment. Confirmation of course enrolment will be forwarded to you in writing.