February 11, 2016 @ 7:15 am – February 12, 2016 @ 3:30 pm
360 Albert Street
Brunswick VIC 3056
Cat A: $0* Cat B: $360 Cat C: $480
Course / qualification / unit code and title
TLILIC2005A – Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
This unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more) for licensing purposes, and involves the operation of a telescoping device, hinged device, or articulated device or any combination of these used to support a platform on which personnel, equipment and materials may be elevated to perform work. The 11 metre boom length shall be taken to mean the greater of the following:
- (a) The vertical distance from the floor of the platform to the surface supporting the elevating work platform with the platform at its maximum height; or
- (b) The nominal reach, measured horizontally from the centre point of rotation to the outer edge of the platform in its most extended position.
- WorkSafe requirement is Minimum of 18 years old and basic English reading and writing skills
- Participants need to study the Boom Type Elevated Work Platform Assessment book prior to attending course
- Participants to bring their own Safety Footwear, Hard Hat and Vest.
This unit requires the operator to plan the work, conduct routine checks, set up elevating work platform, operate elevating work platform and shut down and secure elevating work platform.This unit is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.This unit in its current form meets state and territory licensing requirements. Any alteration will result in a unit which is not acceptable to regulators for the purpose of licensing.
16 hours (two days)
- Accurately record and maintain information relating to elevating work platform operations
- Assess ground conditions to confirm that the site is suitable (e.g. firm, level and safe) to extend and travel the elevating work platform
- Complete the positioning, stabilising, set up of elevating work platforms, including the use of outriggers/stabilisers and packing
- Operate mobile elevating work platform using best mobile practice
- Use communication skills at a level sufficient to communicate with other site personnel
- Operate and control an elevating work platform including all functions to their maximum extension within the safe working (rated) capacity
- Apply risk assessment and hazard control strategies, including hierarchy of control as applied to the positioning and safe operation of the elevating work platform (particular awareness of the risks associated with overhead powerlines/electrical cables, ground conditions, wind, pedestrians and tipping)
- Use and interpret manufacturer’s specifications and data
- Identify problems and equipment faults and where practicable demonstrate appropriate response procedures.
High Risk Work Licence issued by WorkSafe.
- Assessment must be conducted using the endorsed Assessment Instruments. These Instruments provide advice on their application
- The use of ‘simulators’ in the assessment of this unit of competency is not acceptable
- Assessment may be in conjunction with the assessment of other units of competency
- Assessment methods must confirm consistency and accuracy of performance together with application of underpinning knowledge
- Assessment must confirm a reasonable inference that competency is not only able to be satisfied under the particular circumstances, but is able to be transferred to other circumstances.
Category A: $0*
Training participant is a fully financial PPTEU member. May be registered in training course by self or employer.
Category B: $360
Training participant is a Master Plumbers, AMCA or NFIA Association member.
Category C: $480
Training participant is not a member of PPTEU, Master Plumbers, AMCA or NFIA.
Register your interest for this course below or contact PICAC for further information.
Note that this is an expression of interest only and does not guarantee enrolment. Confirmation of course enrolment will be forwarded to you in writing.